WHAT ARE COOKIES?
“Cookies” are small pieces of software that are stored in the access equipment through a browser. They only store information related to preferences, which does not include personal data.
WHAT ARE COOKIES FOR?
Cookies help determine the usefulness, the interest and the number of uses of websites, allowing for faster and more efficient navigation and eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
WHAT KINDS OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
Two different types of cookie can be used:
- Permanent cookies – are cookies stored in browsers within the device used to access a website (PC, mobile or tablet) and are used whenever you visit the Growme website again. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user’s interests, allowing for a more personalised service.
- Session cookies – These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyse patterns of web traffic, allowing you to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
- Strictly necessary cookies – Allows for website navigation and application usage, as well as access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services required can not be provided.
- Analytical Cookies – Used anonymously for the purpose of collecting data for and analysing statistics in order to improve the functioning of the website.
- Functional Cookies – Save user preferences regarding site usage so you do not have to reconfigure the site each time you visit.
- Third-party cookies – Measure application success and third-party advertising effectiveness. They can also be used to customise a widget using user data.
- Advertising Cookies – Provide users with adverts that match their interests. These cookies are used as a means through which to target advertising campaigns, taking into account user tastes, as well as limiting the number of times you see any one ad, helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising and the success of the way in which the website is laid out.
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR COOKIES?
All browsers allow users to accept, reject or delete cookies, as well as informing users whenever a cookie is stored, all in the relevant browser settings. Users can configure cookies in the “options” or “preferences” menu of their browser.
Note, however, that by disabling cookies, you may prevent some web services from working properly, as these settings may affect website navigation, whether in part or in full.